Online Entry/Comp Admin/Custom Event Id
Custom Event Ids are used to associate a unique name of your choosing to an individual event. This will then be reproduced on the Event export. The main advantage of this is for events that need to be able to define the reference ID of an event themselves, rather than using the British Rowing provided ID.
For the vast majority of competitions Custom Event IDs are not necessary. If your competition requires their use, please follow the instructions below.
- Enter the Event Entry system and ensure you are administering your event.
- Click the "Reports/Data Export" tab
- Click "Event Export"
- You should have downloaded a file called "eventexport.csv". Open this file and go back into the Event Entry system.
- On the left hand side of the page is a menu - select "Advanced Competition Meeting Options".
- Click "Download Custom Event IDs template file
- A file called eventidmappings.htm should have been downloaded. Rename this to eventidmappings.xml
- Open up Excel and create a new spreadsheet.
- Create 3 column headers - Event ID, Event Identity and Custom Event ID
- Copy the first two columns from the eventexport.csv file into your new spreadsheet (so you should be copying the Event Id and Event Identifier columns)
- In your spreadsheet, enter your chosen custom ID for each event under the Custom Event ID column.
- Enter the competition ID in a new column on the right.
- Enter the competition date in a new column on the right in the form DD/MM/YYYY
The next step is to map the XML file to the Excel file. In Excel 2007:
- Press the circular Office button in the top left hand corner of the screen
- Click "Excel Options"
- Tick the "Show Developer tab in the Ribbon" option
- Click OK
- A tab labelled "Developer" should have appeared at the top of the screen - click this tab.
- Click "Source"
- Click XML Maps in the bottom left hand corner of the screen
- Click Add in the box that pops up
- Find the XML file you downloaded earlier and click "Open"
- A list of fields should now have appeared in a column on the right.
- Click and drag each field onto the column title of the same name - you should do this for all 3 labelled fields
- Click and drag CompetitionID onto the cell containing the competition Id.
- Click and drag CompetitionDate onto the cell containing the competition date.
- Goto File > Save As and under the "Save as type" choose XML.
- Click save
- Go back into the "Advanced Competition Meeting Options" under Event Entry and click "Upload Custom Event IDs definition file".
- Click choose file and find and select the XML file you created from Excel.
- Click upload.
- The next screen should have a message for every pairing saying it has been created successfully.
- If you have any further questions about this, please contact us at email@example.com[]